Tuesday, May 19, 2009

“MVP”

This past weekend was the competition we work for all year, Nationals at Lagoon. Teams and dancers from the west come to compete. Most of you know that a big part of our family is clogging. Casey, Tanner and Brayden have all clogged for several years. This year Brayden was able to win an award that is very difficult. They take the top dancers from the dance off on Friday night (around 300 champion and pro level dancers) that participate in the individual event "freestyle". It is basically a solo event done along side other dancers. For the past couple of years Brayden has been chosen to dance off on the Saturday show for the title MVP…the top Male dancer. Last year he came close and won Rookie MVP, which is awarded to the top dancer not chosen, that has also not ever been MVP in previous years. There is an MVP Female, Male, Duet, Short Duet, and A Cappella. This year Brayden was able to take the next step and win it all. He was awarded MVP male dancer this year. He has worked hard and we are very proud of him. Tanner also did very well making the All American team for the 8th year in a row. They both are great boys and I love them so very much. They both are very busy in school now and only do individual events. We are already working on a team dance with the three of us and my niece and nephew Michael and Jessica. Casey has even said he might want to join in when he gets home???? We'll see. It should be great fun. All of my teams did great and it was a fun event. Glad it's over J Now all I have are my 2 recitals in about 3 weeks and things will be slowing down a bit. I want to send a big THANK YOU and I LOVE YOU to Shane for his continuing support with my job. At times it is crazy and I know drives him crazy, but he's always willing to help.



Brayden


Tanner


3 comments:

  1. MVP! MVP! MVP! So totally deserved! Both of your boys did great, and it was so good to see all of you this weekend. Have a good summer and keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooot! That's freakin' awesome!!! I guess you're forgiven for ditching Harley's birthday party. I guessss.

    I am seriously going to be on pins and needles until you get that family dance thing done. I've only ever seen you dance like three times. NO FAIR!!

    Way to go Brayden and Tanner!!! Love you!

    PS, does Logan dance???

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAY TO GO!!!!! That is huge! Oh how I miss dancing! I want to sign my little girl up but I don't know where to do it? Where is there another Jenny? She must dance with you =(

    ReplyDelete