Monday, April 20, 2009

Hair Cuts & “HE MOVES”!!

For about the past…I don't know, 5 or 6 years, my boys have had long, shaggy hair. When Casey had to get his hair cut for his Mission, he waited until the last minute. I think it's become a kind of crutch for them. Well, not anymore. They all got hair CUTS, not trims, this past week and they all look so dang cute. I know they are going to cringe when they read the word "Cute", but I can't help myself J I hope they all like them enough to keep them for a while! Here are the best looking boys ever…of course I think so because I'm their lucky mom.







"He Moves!!!"

Here is my story of the week. This time I am sharing one that happened with my third son Brayden. It was when he was still innocent and not aware that there are just some things you don't mention in public. So as you probably guessed, he was about 4 years old. I LOVE THIS AGE!
They are starting to become little people that think for themselves. The problem with this, is the fact that they also blurt it right out, not realizing that it might not be the most appropriate thing.

Well on this beautiful spring day, I'm wrestling a new baby, in a car seat, Brayden my 4 year old, and Tanner my 5 year old at the wonderful State/Federal building by the State Fair grounds to purchase a birth certificate for Tanner who will be needing it to register for Kindergarten soon. Of course, I have arrived at the time that everyone else in the valley has decided that they also need a birth, death, wedding or what ever else kind of certificates you can get there. There is NO WHERE
to sit, Tanner and Brayden have been in the car for about 60 minutes, so the last thing they want to do is stay still and I'm about ready to kill someone if they don't call my name soon. About this same time a few chairs open across the room and we make a mad rush to get them. Look out…mom with 3 kids coming through like a freight train. I get settled in and catch my breath when I see Brayden looking like he just saw King Kong himself. His eyes look like they are going to pop right out, along with his mouth hanging to the ground.

At this point, any of you moms would know this look and wonder, "OH NO, WHAT DID HE SEE AND WHAT IS HE GOING TO SAY".
I look in the direction of his gaze and see 2 very LARGE men sitting just across from us. Again, if you are a mom, you are now thinking, "PLEASE DON'T SAY IT, PLEASE DON'T SAY IT, PLEASE DON'T SAY IT LOUD ENOUGH FOR OTHERS TO HEAR"
My inner pleading failed….it happened. In his sweet, honest, LOUD voice, he announces to everyone, that these two gentlemen are on the large end, OK, he said FAT!! At this point, I'm just trying to downplay the whole thing, bring him closer to me and whisper in his ear so he try's to whisper back.

I'm thinking not many people heard and just hoping that we can get out of this place before I turn into the wicked witch. (I can feel myself turning greener by the second) PLEASE CALL MY NAME, PLEASE CALL MY NAME, PLEASE CALL MY NAME….nooooooo, instead they call the 2 rather LARGE gentlemen's names instead. As they get up to go get their purchase, Brayden is in complete AWE!!! He looks at me and with the biggest eyes ever, states, "LOOK MOM THEY MOVED!!!" He could not believe his eyes, these men could actually move. On top of that, he was so amazed he had to say it loud enough for the whole lobby to hear. By this time I'm just wanting to get out of Dodge! It took another 10 min. of praying for my name to be called so we could put this bad dream behind us. I finally get our birth certificate and head to the parking lot as I'm sure many were having a good laugh at our expense. DON'T YOU JUST LOVE FOUR YEAR OLDS!!! I know I do!

2 comments:

  1. I remember you telling this story.....I've shared it a couple of times to random people hope you don't mind....it is still FuNnY!!! Hope everything is going well! Just stopped in to see how life's going.....love the hair cuts!!! Wowee...good looking boys!!!! See ya babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think she is a little over priced but she does a wonderful job. She is really try to focus on wedding stuff this summer so she will be hard to get into until the fall or winter. I can't wait to see ya at Nationals.

    ReplyDelete